Office of Biotechnology Transfer
OFFICE OF BIOTECHNOLOGY TRANSFER MAIN ACTIVITIES
- Scouting, evaluation, protection and management of Intellectual Property Rights.
- Promotion of research results towards the life science w/w business community.
- Negotiation and management of sponsored research projects.
- Licensing of intellectual property rights and know how.
- Support in the evaluation and creation of spin off and joint venture in the life science sector.
- Management of Material and Animal Transfer Agreements with industries.
- Agreements, and Industrial Material Transfer Agreements.
SPONSORED RESEARCH AND INDUSTRIAL COLLABORATION AGREEMENTS
San Raffaele Scientific Institute gathers a wide range of talented and renowned scientists and clinicians devoted to basic, translational and preclinical/clinical research, of which pharma and biotech companies can benefit.
In fact, the presence on the same site of the research laboratories and of the hospital provides an integrated and appealing pipeline from bench to bedside and back.
The Institute is involved in a number of partnerships with pharma and biotech companies, with different focus:
- preclinical validation of company’s proprietary drugs on animal models and in vitro cell-systems;
- sponsorship of specific research programs with the purpose of having a privileged access to patentable results;
- strategic alliances on specific areas of excellence.
GSK, Fondazione Telethon and Fondazione San Raffaele to collaborate on gene therapy for rare diseases.
Merck Serono and San Raffaele Scientific Institute to collaborate on research in neuroregenerative diseases.
OPPORTUNITIES for RESEARCH COLLABORATIONS/SERVICES
Download our Scientific Report
BoNetwork (Brochure pdf)
Keywords: Bone diseases, bone metabolism, bone pre-clinical animal models, activation of Service Agreements to validate companies new therapeutic agents and new biomaterials.
StemNet (Brochure pdf)
keywords: stem cells, stem cells use as research tools or as therapeutic agents.
Services, Research Tools, Animal Models (Brochure pdf)
Keywords: lab services and facilities, research tools, animal models, lab tests (Allergology, Toxicology, etc.), antibodies, animal models to test mechanisms of action of pharma compounds.
Vector Platform (Brochure pdf)
Keywords: lentiviral platform, miRNA regulation, mono- and bi-directional vectors, zync fingers, gene and transgene expression.
A patent is a legal title which protects an invention for a limited period. It gives the owner the right to prevent others from commercially exploiting the invention in a particular country. A patent provides a 20 years’ protection against unauthorized use or copying of the invention, and increases the likelihood of commercially exploiting your invention.
DEVELOPMENT OF TECHNOLOGY AND LICENSING (Brochure Licensing Profile in pdf)
As soon as a patent is filed OBT will proactively search potential licensees of the technology and negotiate the terms and conditions of such license agreements in line with international technology transfer guidelines. Inventors’ suggestions of and connections with companies to be approached are extremely valuable.
If you would like to be up-to-date regarding new opportunities you can, also, subscribe to our Newsletter.